|Stonington, CT - Dodson Boatyard 860-535-1507
Newport, RI - Newport Yachting Center, 401-846-1600
Block Island - Harbormaster 401-466-5392
Essex, CT - Brewers Marina, 860-767-0001
|July 28-August 5, 2018|
|Mark & Jen Hegreness
S/V Mood Music
This summer the crew of Mood Music will be leading up the Long Cruise. This cruise will depart on Saturday, July 28th and return on Sunday, August 5th. We will be leading the fleet to four or our favorite cruising destinations, Stonington CT, Newport RI, Block Island RI, and Essex CT. If you have never gone to these places before, we are experienced in these waters and can see you through. Please note that this is an easy cruise to either extend, by leaving early or staying out later. It would also be an easy cruise to link up with in the middle when we hit Block Island. The final weekend of the cruise will link up with the Essex Lobster Bake Cruise.
The itinerary is below. Please look it over and consider joining up. If you are interested, please contact me ASAP. Also please contact the Newport Yachting Center and make reservations. I hope many of you will join us at these beautiful ports of call.
- Saturday, July 28th Depart Mount Sinai for Stonington, CT We will be staying at Dodson Boatyard (860) 535-1507. This is a long day, but worth it to get out of Long Island Sound and towards great cruising ground. Dodson is an awesome boatyard and our favorite jumping off point for leaving the Sound. Great on site shower, bar, restaurant, and ice cream. Plus if your boat has any issues that arise on the journey, this is the yard you want to go to get it fixed! We will be staying on moorings with launch service. If this is farther than you want to go in one day, you could always leave Friday and stay at Connecticut River or Brewer Pilots Point in Westbrook to break up the trip.
- Sunday, July 29th Depart Stonington for Newport, RI. Sailing capital of the world. If you have never been here, it should be on your Boating Bucket List. Newport has so much to do and is worth the trek.
- Sunday Night July 29 - Tuesday Morning Stay at Newport Yachting Center, (401) 846-1600. This marina is pricey at $6.25 per foot, but worth the price as it is dead center in the middle of the Newport Waterfront.
- Tuesday, July 31st Depart Newport for Block Island (or stay an extra day in Newport and go to Block on Wednesday) You will need to leave early to get over to Block if you want to get a mooring or make reservations at the BI Boat Basin or Champlin's. Block Island is a home run and again should be on your Boating Bucket List.
- Tuesday Night to Friday Morning, Stay at Block Island
- Friday, August 3rd Depart Block Island for Essex, CT At this point you can go to beautiful Essex on the CT River to join up with the Essex Lobster Bake Cruise or go your own way to wrap up the trip.
Mark & Jen Hegreness
S/V Mood Music
NOAA Online Charts: