Brewers Essex Island Marina
VHF Ch 9
|August 3-5, 2018|
Do not miss this two night cruise to historic Essex, CT! Great marina, great town, lobster, excellent shops and restaurants, first class ice cream and coffee shop, Essex is truly one of the best cruising destinations anywhere!
- Accommodations at Brewer’s Essex Island (your own private island) and resort where you can relax by the pool while looking down the beautiful Connecticut River.
- Dinner at the Griswold Inn Friday Evening, or bring your own food to grill on Brewer’s Weber Grills.
- Attendance at the Essex Lions Club Annual Lobster Bake on Saturday where you can relax on the Historic Essex Village Green, and listen to live music while enjoying a Lobster or Steak Dinner (price TBA). Tables and chairs are provided!
- Access to Historic Essex including the not to be missed Griswold Inn, CT River Museum, and fabulous shopping.
- If you are feeling really adventurous extend your cruise time by heading over to Hamburg Cove on Sunday and grabbing a mooring!
Depart Mount Sinai on Friday at 8am for the 40+ mile journey to Old Saybrook Breakwater and the mouth of the beautiful Connecticut River. This is an easy journey straight across the sound to Long Sand Shoal. Make sure to pass LSS to the West and North, mind your charts and head for the Old Saybrook Lighthouse. Follow the well-marked Connecticut River through the Railroad Drawbridge (Hail Old Lyme Draw on CH.13 for information) and then under the I-95 Bridge. Continue to follow the river buoys North and you will see the town of Essex and Essex Island Marina. (Look for the large warehouses to the right of the town.) Hail Brewer’s Essex Island on CH.9.
Once at Essex Island, relax by the pool before Dinner reservations at the Griswold Inn. Follow dinner up with a short walk through the village for ice cream. In the morning get up and walk into town where there is a excellent coffee shop with excellent baked goods. Relax the better part of the day away at the first rate pool or visit the Connecticut River Museum before heading to the village green for the Lobster Bake. Head home on Sunday or go across the river to Hamburg Cove to spend an extra night
This weekend is busy so make your reservation SOON by calling Brewer Essex Island at 860-767-0001, dockwa, or going on their website. Dock reservations are recommended to fully enjoy the marina!
Contact until a Cruise Captain is announced is Thomas Lynch.
NOAA Online Chart: http://www.charts.noaa.gov/OnLineViewer/12375.shtml